It’s been a busy year for Catalyst Computing. We’ve been involved in some great projects and worked with some wonderful people. There’s an opportunity arisen to work on one of those projects with some of those wonderful people…
The original system was deployed in July and has been progressively enhanced since. Our clients are looking for someone to undertake a 3 month contract to work on the system full-time to deliver new functionality.
It’s a fun project, and there’s opportunity to be hands-on with all sorts of things:
- A web front-end written using ASP.NET MVC 3 (and jQuery and jQuery UI) deployed on Windows Azure
- SQL Azure database
- Entity Framework
- Server processes written in C#
- Winforms-based administration application (using DevExpress components) with OData web services to the database
- Amazon Simple Queuing Service
- Python running on industrial controllers
- And tools and techniques: Resharper, Red Gate tools, dependency injection, xUnit and moq
C# skills are essential, but other than that the ability to quickly learn and use technologies is more important than past experience. You’ll be able to work either at their which are near us in South Lincolnshire (near Peterborough) or from home.