Amazon Web Services Quick start training
Many companies are moving some part of their estate to Cloud Computing Providers such as Microsoft Azure®, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Cloud Computing offers many advantages over buying space in data centres or having servers on site. The aspects that we have found most beneficial have been:
- on demand pricing - use a few virtual machines for a few hours
- scalability - easily add and remove virtual machines from a working system
- maintenance - off loading backups, and physical security
- products - from resilient databases to security storage
In this intensive 1 day quick start course for AWS you will use a lot of the key technologies our clients have found useful when getting started on their journey into the cloud.
This is a hands on course, labs based course for people familiar with software development and operations with little or no prior knowledge of AWS products.
Using the AWS Console attendees will:
- Work with basic infrastructure services, including Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Auto Scaling, and Elastic Load Balancing (ELB).
- See key concepts of AWS Identity in action and set-up and and Access Management (IAM).
- Work with AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Use AWS management tools, including Amazon CloudWatch and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Sign up for Amazon web services
- Take a tour of the AWS Console
- Infrastructure services
- Create a Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Deploy a EC2 virtual machine Linux/Windows® into a VPC
- Upload and download files from Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Create Auto Scaling Groups with an Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
- AWS Identity in action
- Create users, groups, policies and roles
- AWS database services
- Connect a sample application to Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- AWS management tools
- Use CloudWatch to set-up alerts
- View basic AWS Trusted Advisor reports and see how they relate
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Familiarity with basic IT security concepts
This course will be available 2017 in Cambridge and can also be run on site for up to 8 people. For details please email email@example.com